5 EASY PIECES TO ADD TO THE MIX
When it’s time to make a few updates in your gathering spaces, a couple of interesting changes can make a big impact. Like I always say, start with the art!
1. Focal point mirror: Every room needs a piece that sets the tone, suggests some colorway options and elevates the space. The mirror frame itself can be quite a statement! I created this beveled glass piece and every. single. one. of these Swarovski crystals is mounted by hand.
2. Updated Lighting – We all love to dine with a little bit of ‘understated charm’. Updating lighting instantly refreshes and brightens a space! Hudson Valley is our ‘go-to’ lighting when we want to make a room feel pulled together.
3. Sconce Lighting: You don’t need to just think about that gorgeous chandelier! Adding interest and mood to the room with a few strategically placed sconces like these from Curry & Company can elevate and feature that something special…like the focal point mirror you just added. Lighting from many different directions and at different heights helps a room look for balanced and much softer than a single light coming from above.
4. Let’s face it, no one wants to eat at a boring table. Spruce up your tablescape with a live plant or three. They add so much color and visual interest without being just ‘another candle.’ 😉
5. Are your chairs feeling a little dated? Throwing a white slipcover over them like these from Ballard Designs instantly makes it feel like a new dining set! WHITE??? What about stains, you ask? Or have those slipcovers made up in Crypton fabric and you’ll never have to worry about spilling your wine! Reach out for more details!
Now you get to go and figure out something delicious to serve your friends and family in your refreshed gathering spaces!